Old November 23rd 04, 12:33 AM
Jim Burns

"Morgans" wrote in message

Jim, I agree with most of what you say, but from your comments, I have to
ask. Did you read the whole article?

You quote:

When a government agency asks for funeral homes to become partners in
national Transportation Security, all in the name of safety and

security,
what possibly can be next???

What does having a way to transfer remains after a flight, have to do with
"what possibly can be next???"

Maybe they have a point about not being able to xray a ceramic or concrete
urn, but I question what other items aren't xrayed or aren't able to be
xrayed. I'll admit that I don't honestly know. Do they xray bodies?
Coffins? I really don't know.

What I meant about "what can possibly be next" was an exhasperated comment
meaning "What other parts of our lives will they feel necessary to intrude
into next "in the name of transportation safety". Do they have suspiscion
or evidence of explosives or the like being transported upon airliners in
urns or are they just saying that it could be possible and we have to create
new rules "just in case"?

What other businesses that depend on commercial airlines will be asked to
become TSA partners because somebody dreams up something that could be
possible?

Will the bus drivers, truck drivers, boaters, longshoremen, railworkers,
subway operators, and cabbies be forced to jump through invisible hoops like
CFI's have had to just because something may be possible? The "training"
required by the TSA for CFI's was comical at best. From what I have seen so
far, we can expect more of the same.

Jim

---