Old November 23rd 04, 02:16 PM
Matt Whiting

On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 21:42:24 -0500, Matt Whiting
wrote:

mike regish wrote:

It would if we didn't have religion indoctrinating hatred and bigotry from
day 1.

Nice excuse, but lacks creativity. I'll give it a D+. There are
cultures that have virtually no organized religion, but engage in things
such as cannibalism. Is that one of the moral values that evolution
produces?

Matt

And there is a recent christian culture that gassed and burned 6
million human beings.

I'm not sure what a christian culture is, but a Christian culture didn't
do that. It was a Christian culture that came to the defense of the Jews.

Is that one of the moral values that religion produces?

Not any religion that I'm aware of. That was the moral value of a
tyrant, pure and simple. It is really easy to understand if you drop
your prejudice against religion and look at the facts.

Matt