Old November 26th 04, 03:15 AM
Judah

It's been a while since I even looked, and I never made it to BVY myself,
but I fly to some other MA airports periodically, and when I was looking
into the new security rules, here's what I found out...

If I'm not mistaken, any airport that is owned and operated by the
MassPort requires a Prop Lock if you stay either overnight or longer than
24 hours, I don't remember which. I don't think a throttle lock even
counts, but that might have been specific to Bedford...

Someone at one time recommended buying a $10 bike lock (not the chain
kind, but the rubber-sheathed cable kind) and that way you get to keep
the lock instead of renting it. But I also read that BED is no longer
charging to rent the prop lock...

Seems to me it might be worth a couple of phone calls to the two FBOs...

Andrew Gideon wrote in
online.com:

I've asked this before, but - to date - every attempt I've made to
reach Beverly has failed. So here I go again...

First of all, there's the NOTAM about "anti-theft device". What's
necessary? I don't have a prop-lock, or anything of that sort. The
doors lock, though, and a key is needed to start. Do either of these
count?

If I'm going to be staying over a couple of days, which of the two FBOs
is good/better for a 172? AirNav shows a better 100LL price at General
Air Service, but I've no idea how accurate this is.

The reviews of North Atlantic are "mixed" at best. Given that and the
price, I'm leaning towards General.

Are "Aviators of New England" and "Beverly Flight Center" FBOs
(providing service to transients)? At least the former appears to be,
but there are no fuel prices listed on AirNav or on their web site.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

- Andrew