Old November 26th 04, 04:13 AM
C Kingsbury

"Andrew Gideon" wrote in message
online.com...
I've asked this before, but - to date - every attempt I've made to reach
Beverly has failed. So here I go again...

First of all, there's the NOTAM about "anti-theft device". What's
necessary? I don't have a prop-lock, or anything of that sort. The doors
lock, though, and a key is needed to start. Do either of these count?

There is a similar requirement at Hanscom Field (~20mi away) thanks to
Massport, which fortunately does not run Beverly. Very quiet and
friendly little field still very close to Boston. All they want is a
lock other than the one on the door. I use a Krypton equipment lock
(cable- like a bicycle lock) that I bought at Home Depot for $10. Just
wrap it around the prop a few times. I'm sure that would satisfy it.

Are "Aviators of New England" and "Beverly Flight Center" FBOs (providing
service to transients)? At least the former appears to be, but there are
no fuel prices listed on AirNav or on their web site.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Let your fingers do the walking. I'm sure the guys at Aviators could
tell you the best way to go. You might just be able to tie down on the
transient ramp without dealing with anyone except to buy fuel.

PS- In the summer months Woodman's in Essex runs one hell of a clam
shack not too far away. They claim to have invented the fried clam
which may well be BS, but they sure know how to make them.

-cwk.