Old December 16th 04, 07:21 AM
Cockpit Colin

Lowest clamping force on the market is the Bose Aviation X - I guarantee
she'll LOVE them

"Kyle Boatright" wrote in message
I've got 3 headsets. Two sets are cheapies I got when I earned my license

10
years ago, and a nice set I bought when I finished the RV-6. Both models
are discontinued.

I'm happy with the nice set (Lightspeed 25XL's), but the cheapies have

more
clamping force, and my wife is uncomfortable wearing them on longer

flights.
Being PIC, I make sure she understands why it is very important that I

wear
the nice, comfortable, noise cancelling headsets. Clearly, I need to hear
traffic calls, and since her life depends on me when we're in the air,

she's
very much attuned to my comfort, not hers. ;-)

Anyway, how do I go about helping her find a set of headsets she likes?
I've never found an avionics shop that loans headsets for a weekend ,

which
is what you really need, since you don't get a real feel for a headsets
until you wear them for 3-4 hours at a time. What feels and sounds great

in
the booth at Oshkosh or SnF may be a head crushing nightmare after you

wear
'em for a couple of hours...

Thoughts?

KB