Old January 6th 05, 05:05 PM
Jose

Can someone give me the 2 sentence (or how ever many is adequate) to
what a forward slip procedure is?

slip" is exactly the same thing as a forward slip. In both cases, (in
calm air) the aircraft is pointed in a different direction from the
way it's going. We say "side slip" when we are =thinking= about it
with respect to the direction we are pointed, and we say "forward
slip" when we are =thinking= about it with respect to the direction we
want to go. But the maneuver is identical, and the essential
character is that the plane goes sideways =through=the=air= to some
degree.

Note also this is different from "crabbing", which arises from flying
through air that is moving along the ground. The airplane does not
know what the ground is doing, and flies straight ahead through the
air. But if the air moves along the ground, it takes the plane with
it, and the combined motion can make it look like the airplane is
moving "sideways" to some degree. Nonetheless, unless the pilot is
doing something else at the same time, the airplane is going
=through=the=air= straight forwards.

Jose
--
Money: What you need when you run out of brains.