Old January 7th 05, 10:09 PM
Trent Moorehead

wrote in message
ups.com...
It produced a fairly mild pitch oscilation that I couldn't
distiguish from the usual convective turbulence we get here in the
desert. If it wasn't for the instructor in the back seat pointing it
out, I would have missed it.

Once, on approach, I was slipping heavily with full flaps and it felt like
the elevator was blanked out. When I slip in a 172, I apply forward pressure
to the yoke and this time, the yoke lost all resistance to my pushing. The
thing kind of went "limp" and went all the way to the console. I relaxed the
rudder and the yoke shot back into my hand. Mind you, this happened in the
span of a second, but it really got my attention!

I think that this could have been caused by turbulent winds that day
perhaps, but I can't be sure. Either way, I'm a little more careful now.

-Trent
PP-ASEL