Old January 21st 05, 08:22 PM
Dan Youngquist

On Fri, 21 Jan 2005, Larry Dighera wrote:

Instead, he decide (his own words here) to "trust God and the Cessna
engineers" and let go of the controls. The plane eventually righted
itself.

Irrational beliefs ultimately lead to irrational acts.

Then again, there are lots of irrational folks around, with all sorts of
belief systems. Doesn't mean his belief system is irrational; maybe it
is, maybe not, but you'd have to look a lot deeper than that to know.
Maybe it was just his action that was irrational, not his belief system.
"Trust God" is perfectly rational as far as it goes, but this guy's
actions say a lot more about his own rationality & judgement (or lack
thereof), than about his belief system. It was poor judgement followed by
an irrational decision to do nothing, not his belief system, that almost
got him killed. There's no need to make derogatory comments about things
you don't know nearly enough about to make a judgement.

Or maybe you were referring to the rationality of trusting the Cessna
engineers. I'm not qualified to comment on that -- I fly a Tomahawk.

-Dan