Old January 22nd 05, 09:09 PM
Robert M. Gary

Maik wrote:
Will work. I installed new avionics in my Mooney M20J last April.
Righly tight....
Take a look http://gallery.payinter.de

If you plan to change something... do it right and change all parts

that
you desire, because it is really a lot of work to do so in a Mooney.
One of my old rRadios was wirking only 50% and after trying 4 radios

of
the same type to repl=F6ace my radio with a working one... and no one

was
better than mine, I decided to do a complete redesign.

Which Mooney do you have?

I have an F model Mooney. I just sent my MX-170 radio in for service.
If it ends up costing much to fix, I was thinking about just buying a
$400 KX-170B on ebay. Then I thought, I'd put in a King IFR GPS. But
then I figured that I still want my #2 nav and com (2 nav's let me do
my VOR sign off every 30 days easily). It also appears that the 430 is
the only IFR GPS taht does not require an external head for IFR
approach cert. Add to that the price of the 430 has dropped a LOT since
the 480 was introduced, and it seems to make sense.

-Robert