Old August 25th 04, 02:52 PM
PAW

"RobertR237" wrote in message

As an aside retirees have a 10 year inactive reserve obligation upon
retirement.

Think what you want about Bush, but wild accusations and name calling

proves
absoultely nothing.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

On the contrary Dan, I proves a great deal...just not about Bush.

Bob Reed

I hadn't look at it that way. You are correct.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

Any of you guys recall NG's with 4 year active reserve commitments in

the
late 60's, early 70's? I don't. Every single NG I knew was on 6 year

ACTIVE
reserve status. I'm sure many of them would have enjoyed getting cut

loose
early too.

Phil

I seem to remember something along that line but I don't remember the

details
of the program. If I recall it was limited to the non-com ranks and was

only
for the army NG.

Bob Reed

"Ladies and Gentlemen, take my advice,
(M.A.S.H. Sidney Freedman)

Bob,

Think of the line they would have had if *all* you had to do was a 4 year
active guard hitch to go to *flight school*. Heck, I would have gone in a
heartbeat rather than the SIX years of active duty I got stuck with. Not
that I should complain. I managed to stay out of Vietnam too. They sent me
to Okinawa instead. Anyhow, GW was one lucky guy. Anyone else would have
been yanked into active duty or charged with a crime.

And you're correct. They handled enlisted ranks much different. They could
mix it up... 2 active (draft) 4 inactive, 3 and 3, 4 and 2, or all 6. GW had
none of these as options.

Phil