Old August 30th 04, 12:49 PM
Jay Honeck

How was the turnout at IOW? I was set to go to a local fly-in this morning

It was terrific! After an all-day rain on Saturday, Sunday dawned crystal
clear and cool -- perfect for a fly-in breakfast.

It was IFR to the east most of the morning, so that limited fly-ins from
that direction -- but we still had dozens of planes arriving and departing.

The towns-folk turned out in droves, as they always do. We gave away
hundreds of balloons, pounds of candy, and did a drawing for a free night in
the Pan Am Clipper honeymoon suite.

Best of all, the four of us got a ride in the MATS Connie -- with Mary and
me being allowed some right seat time! I got to do a 180 degree turn in
that big, beautiful bird -- what a rush!

I'll be posting the pix and movies later today, with any luck...
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA