Old March 19th 04, 11:59 PM
John Doe

Slug wrote
On Thu, 18 Mar 2004 20:29:10 GMT, (Twilson) wrote:

Is there any setting that will prevent the scenery from just
"popping" into view as you fly toward it. It is pretty non-realistic
the way this happens.

This done to help keep frame rates up. Many flight sims have this
popping up issue. Sometimes they have a setting to make it popup out
to a further distance so it is not as noticeable but this slows down
the frame rate. Until we have computers that can handle a complete 3D
world with all objects loaded into memory there is nothing that can be
done about it.

A complete 3D world? All objects loaded into memory?

The incomplete, partially loaded 3D world isn't realistic yet either.

--
I really apprecaite the candid conversation about premium add-on scenery.