Old September 16th 04, 02:45 AM
Leon McAtee

(Ryan Young) wrote in message om...
(Ryan Young) wrote in message . com...

I've posted a page of drawings, photos, and my usual snide remarks:
http://users.lmi.net/~ryoung/Sonerai/UCPlusEngMnts.html

Re the question on your site about removing the oil pick up:

Remove the 10mm bolt/nut, heat around the front with a propane torch
and wiggle. The tube should come out fairly easly. Older cases are
more work. Reverse the procedure to install. If your lucky all will
be well. A bit of "bearing n stud mount" helps seal. If your really
picky check to see that it holds a vacuum. Some stock tubes get
cracked so this may not be a bad idea anyway................

Some really old cases don't have the hold down 10mm nut. A 17mm nut
(old case nut)welded/brazed to the top of the tube (under the cam
bore) keeps the tube from rotating up and out of the oil.
Leon McAtee
Still looking for Aeronca C-2/3 factory drawings

And maybe a Franklin 2A-120