Old July 11th 03, 08:35 PM
Andy Durbin

I cut open about 3 bad battery packs and made provision for closing
screws. I buy the welded cells from batteries plus for aboout $30 and
solder them into my re-usable packs. There was also an optional
alkaline battery pack that takes 6 standard AA cells. I keep one in
the glider for landouts.

Since there seem to still be STS owners out there, does anyone have a
circuit diagram or other service information. I have 3 of these
radios but 2 of them have low receiver sensitivity. Tropic no longer
services STS.

Andy (GY)

Ray Lovinggood wrote in message ...
Where can I buy, in America, a replacement battery
for an 'STS' brand hand-held radio?

I think 'Batteries Plus' can get one for about $70.

I've e-mailed 'Tropic Aero', asking if they have the
batteries. I think I bought my last couple from them
several years ago, but I don't know if they still carry
them.

Are there any other options?

Thanks,

Ray Lovinggood