Old August 4th 03, 02:16 AM
Herbert Kilian

I must confess that I also have a Palm pilot Vx and think that SOARING pilot
(http://www.soaringpilot.com/) is an outstanding piece of software of the
Palm OS. The only reason I'm looking at the iPAQ is because my company has
just bought me a nice shiny new 5550.

Any feedback on iPAQ gliding software would be appreciated..

Thanks in advance
Siggi

Siggi,

Hallo nach Berlin von Chicago!

Forget about the free stuff, it's normally not that good. You want to
try the WinPilot Pro software on your shiny new IPAQ. Like they say
in the commercials, it changed my life! Get the demo software and try
it in simulator mode. If you are serious about flying cross country
and contests (and you should be), this is what you want.
After three years of using it I find myself even paying for the
upgrades. I credit the software (and my new LS8-18) for faster and
longer flights while feeling safer about my options. It ain't cheap
but well worth the money spent.

Herbert, J7