Old September 21st 04, 05:17 AM
W P Dixon

Jim,
I believe I read the post wrong I was under the impression that he
intended to use an N# airplane basic airframe and just redo all the skins
and panels in carbonfiber. You may re skin a plane, remake all the metal
panels you want by processes to the manual of that plane and it will still
be the same N#'d airplane. But yes changing the airframe or starting all
over would make it experimental and Cessna might just "have a problem" with
a copy of their design. To get around that slight changes can be made and
you should be ok as far as a copyright. Seems he wants to make a carbon spin
off of the Cessna, and I agree with you I think it would outweigh the
original. i really would see no point in doing it. probably alot better
designs out there for that type aircraft.
"NW_PILOT" wrote in message

" jls" wrote in message
. ..

"NW_PILOT" wrote in message
Hello, everyone a friend of mine own's Fiberglass and Carbon Fiber

molding
business (He makes hoods, doors, fenders & tubs for cars). I was

wondering
if anyone has ever used a Cessna 150, 172 or 182 fuselage as a

template
for
the making of a Carbon Fiber fuselage?

Well, yeah, you could use it as a plug but who would want to?

I have few questions! Since it will not be a kit what kind of info

would
have to be provided to the FAA to be able to get such a thing approved

for
homebuilt experimental aircraft project?

Thanks In Advance

Have at it. No approval necessary except when you apply for your

homebuilt
c of a.

What would paperwork would be required for homebuilt c of a, drawings?
Estimated or projected proformance data?

It's not like you're getting it certified. Make sure you use a
good set of 150 (or 172) l. g. including nosewheel strut because that

stuff
is damn strong.