Old December 27th 03, 04:57 PM
Robert Curry

Default Winch rope 1/4 inch poly

With all the talk about Spectra for winch wire replacement, one thing
comes to mind. COST! I just replaced our armored cable with 7X19
3/16 inch stranded steel cable. The cost for a five thousand foot
spool was $500. If the Spectra costs 40 cents per foot that equals
$2000. I recently heard of a club that was using standard poly rope
to replace their wire. They were claiming 2000 foot tows on a 4000
foot runway. Does anyone know where this operation is and if they
were using 1/4 inch poly or a beefer size? I wouldn't think that 1/4
inch poly would last very long.