Old December 31st 03, 05:09 PM
mike maskell

I thank everyone for the great advice on replacing cables and such. However
my problem lies, not in obtaining the cable, (I can get 1/8" 7x19 cable
locally), but in finding the proper size turn-barrell ends (threaded to go
into the brass adjuster), and the eye-end to attach to structure forward of
the rudder pedals. By measuring the size and thread pitch, they appear to
be different size than what would be considered normal (as in an MS or AN
standard).

The threaded ends and the eye-ends would be swaged onto the cable with a
special tool, and using a Nico-press tool would not work.

So, back to my original question......does anyone know of a source for these
"European" style threaded ends or eye-ends.

Our flying season in still 3 months away so plenty of time to source them
out, but I need help.

Thanks

Mike