Old January 2nd 04, 10:52 PM
Eric Greenwell

I removed my hub caps and stored them in the basement, from where they
will return, pristine, for the next owner. Now I can easily check the
lug nuts visually and with a lug wrench. I can also check the wheel
bearing and brake drum temperatures with my hand, which I do frequently.

bumper wrote:

I haven't used the black latches either, but was told they are to hold the
wing dollies aft. Got another question though:

I dutifully checking the wheel lug tightness after a few hundered (okay
thousand) miles. Upon removing one of the plastic hub caps, one of the
plastic clips cracked and fell off. I was more careful on the other side
pulling it off evenly and just a little at a time. Maybe 10 miles later I
see one of the hub caps getting ready to depart and pass me up . . . it did
just that as I was pulling to the curb. Picked up the pieces and checked the
other wheel to find the hub cap there already done gone.

Talked to another Cobra owner who said he lost his too, so it's not just me.
A quick look around Minden, NV showed lots of trailers, and none with hub
caps. Does this happen to everyone? And if so, why doesn't Cobra change the
hubcaps to metal? Finally, what US size hub cap will fit?

--
-----
change "netto" to "net" to email me directly

Eric Greenwell
Washington State
USA