Old January 31st 04, 09:12 PM
Steve

Stephen Yaldwyn wrote:
Today while shopping, I came across and purchased a toy Ford f150
truck and what appears to be a Schweizer 1-21 (The toy car is marked,
but not the toy glider) on a trailer. The glider can be "rigged" and
appears to be reasonably to scale. The whole lot is made by RealToy
and is part of the Action City, Outdoor Activities series of toys.

What I would really like to know is if this is based on any real
combination. The marking on glider and truck of a supposed sponsor or
team name is "Airstream".

Thanks Stephen

My Kowbell crew gave me one for Christmas. The glider is a version of
the Ka-6. Not really correct, as it is an all flying tail (no molded
in hinge line, like there is for the ailerons and actually even a
outline for the spoilers) that is mounted part way up the vertical
like a Libelle, but has a trim tab. And in true glider fashion, it
comes with foam blocks between the wings and the fuselage!

And the wheel on the glider even rolls. Tres Cool!

Near as I can tell, it is not a real combo. But, I did tell a local
Ka-6 driver that he needs to buy a new crew vehicle and repaint one of
his Ka-6s to match the model. His wife objected to the truck idea,
though.

Steve Leonard