Old April 18th 04, 06:51 AM
Lennie the Lurker

Martin Gregorie wrote in message . ..

That's pretty sad. Where I fly the private gliders range from a really
nice Ka-6 and a couple of Capstans (British wooden side-by-side two
seater) up to new Duos and ASH-25s via a whole stack of Pegases,
Mosquitos, ASW-20s and Discii, but I've never heard those sorts of
remarks made and wouldn't dream of making them.

In 2 1/2 years, I heard at least one of them every day I went to the
airport. How long was I supposed to put up with it before I chucked
the whole damn thing in the trash? Every good day ruined by one
egotistic ass, and I'm supposed to think it's fun? As I've said, not
everyone, only enough of a minority to spoil the whole experience.
"Come on out and get your daily downer." Sorry, someone else can have
it.

At least a few have finally seen that I'm not aiming at specific
individuals, save for finley, and can see the points that I think are
hurting. Maybe I'm more sensitive towards certain behaviors than most
others, and I know that outside of the metalworking profession, I
don't fit in well. However, I've never said otherwise either. From
being an outsider, to an insider, and back to an outsider, I don't
think I'll rock my own boat again.

And I don't think I'm the only one.