Old April 22nd 04, 03:01 PM
Andy Durbin

Bill Zaleski wrote in message . ..
Yes, ask him how he is going to comply with the regulation:

No certificated parachute rigger may pack a parachute that has not
been thoroughly dried and aired.

Normal manufacturer's instructions call for an 8 hour airing.

Perhaps he is airing it in advance? Hope so.

Bill Z. Master Rigger

I have had my chutes packed without 8 hour airing. I looked through
the manuals for my Strong 303 and my Security 350. Although both
manuals contain detailed packing instructions, I found no reference to
a required airing period. If an 8 hour airing is required where would
it be specified?

Andy