Old June 10th 04, 09:56 AM
Mike Lindsay

Default Vario recommendations, please.

My gliding partner and I have a LX1000 in our DG202.

This instrument needs some attention, and we are wondering if its time
to replace it rather than spending money on something outdated.

We have a separate GPS/logger/nav display system (Garmin 89, EW B,
Compaq 1550), so we aren't looking for all the bells and whistles.

It would be good to have a system which didn't need a flask connection
for the vario function, and which gave us a flight director (Told us to
fly faster or slower)

We are thinking of spending about 700 GBPs, 1200 Euros or 1200 USDs.

Any ideas, anyone?
--
Mike Lindsay
EKA