Old August 29th 04, 12:53 PM
robert

Bob
There is a privately owned K14 at our gliding club, which I have seen and
heard stories regarding for many years. The plane is apparently a nice ship
to fly, the engine is a bit funny to start at times.
I know both the current and original owners and will try and get them to
reply on the net, if your interested.
The ship did many good flights with the first owner including thermals, wave
and hill soaring.
Beautiful to look at.

Robert P
See our club at
www.ddsc.org.au

"Bob Babcock" wrote in message
om...
I am deciding on a homebuilt project. I am considering a project like
the classic Fournier motorgliders. I believe they are called touring
motorgliders. Thr RF4 style or my favorite looking plane, the
Schleicher ASK-14, is the type I'm refering to. Powered flight would
be my primary purpose to fly this style of plane. I own a Bowers
designed Fly Baby and fly in Canadian UL aircraft of 450kg/1000lb
gross wt. ratings. My needs are met by a single seat craft.

I enjoy these planes but the style of flight that is increasingly
appealing to my taste is elegant low powered flight with some soaring
flight. I live near the Canadian Rockies and have wave oppurtunity
close to home. The high drag and poor glide of most UL planes
concerns me.

I have noticed a German plans built machine, EEL's ULF-2.

www.eel.de/homepage.htm

Does anyone know much about this plane?

What are the flying traits of these touring motorgliders? One site
raves about the touring and flight qualities of the RF4.

Are there any older plans built types that were available in the past?