View Single Post
Old September 2nd 04, 10:40 AM
Jim Phoenix
external usenet poster

What is the "member" portion of teh "chapter/member" benefit? A discount?

Jim
"F.L. Whiteley" wrote in message ...
Just a note from SSA Club Committee discussion on this. The promotion and growth committee shared with us that if you are renewing your membership via your chapter and the chapter is late, you may have been 'dropped' from the roles, albeit temporarily. If this is the case, the SSA office has to hand process the mailing of your Soaring (at much higher expense of office staff time and higher mailing rates BTW). Chapter diligence in processing annual renewals is important to keeping member complaints to the SSA office down, getting your Soaring on time, and keeping your SSA insurance plan in compliance, if applicable.

This may not apply in your case Vaughn, but in many cases, it falls directly in the chapter's lap. There is a chapter/member benefit for renewing as a chapter, but a 60-day lead time by treasurers is highly recommended as a 'best practice'. My club treasurer says it's a chore, but not overly difficult. We have one or two that renew via CAP, rather than the club, for example. Each group does have a few members whose status may be indeterminate, that's why the lead time is important. Trying to accomplish this during the renewal month is problematic. Due diligence on the part of chapter boards will yield the best results. Electing a competent 'treasurer for life' also has benefits.

Some suggestions have been made to possibly enable chapter access to records, but this is only in very elementary stages. Chapter affiliation has not been linked with member data.

Frank Whiteley
"Vaughn" wrote in message ...
It might be a bit soon to give up on the Postal Service, I got mine yesterday.

Vaughn

"Udo Rumpf" wrote in message . ..
Anything interesting in it for the month of August?
It appears my issue did not get to me this month. It happens at least once a year.
Udo