Old October 15th 04, 05:48 PM
Stephen Haley

Find the junior/cadet who is a good sprinter for wingman otherwise the
airbrake tip does help as well as using a wing runner who only lightly
supports the wing as opposed to the gripper or thrower. It realy does help
to brief the wing runners - I have been given nasty scares once or twice
this year by various antics from people who really dont know what they are
doing.
If you use the airbrake tip it is best to tell the control & tower before
takeoff otherwise you might give the tuggie a heartattack and/or end up with
lots of helpfull souls telling you that your airbrakes are open..
rgds

"ruediger" wrote in message
om...
Since 3 month I am proud owner of a H201B with 17m wingspan and
"Speizklappen". The glider I owned for 4 years, before i bought the
Libelle was a Astir CS77. I like the handling of the Libelle very
much, the only point I really have problems with, is that the Libelle
loves to drop a wing at the beginning of aero tow. Every take off that
a friend or me made with the glider was close to a aborted take-off.
Other Libelle Pilots said, I should try to open the air breaks for the
first 100m, but none of them owns a 17m version, which has extra
weight on the outer side of the wing because of the wingtip extension.

I am not used to this wing dropping by the ASTIR so I hope I can get
some additionell advice here.