Old October 19th 04, 10:50 AM
Mark James Boyd

http://www.sportpilot.org/news/041007_finalize.html
has similar information.

In article 4174e28d$1@darkstar, Mark James Boyd wrote:
http://www.aopa.org/sportpilot/

It seems the FAA has decided that using the
8710-1 is OK to use as documents "acceptable to the administrator"
for transitioning Sport Pilots. So if you have
airplane ASEL pilots or CFIs who want to transition to
gliders in a 2-33 or SZD 50-3, it appears this is now acceptable
after the appropriate training and submission of
an FAA form 8710-1.

This is a change to the previous guidance, which indicated the
applications would not be accepted until January 15, 2005 (the
scheduled release date of the FAA form 8710-11).

On the other hand, solo of brand new sport pilots (not transition)
has not yet been fully supported. More on this later...

I plan to transition an ASEL CFI to a Sport Glider CFI in the
coming weeks, and submit the 8710-1. I'll keep this newsgroup
up to date on this as we get feedback from our FSDO...
--

Mark J. Boyd

--

Mark J. Boyd