Old November 13th 04, 05:47 PM
John Bojack

Few years ago, was hooked up for the next tow at the Uvalde "Texas
Nationals" contest when my wing runner and a couple of line people became
very interested in my gear, pointing and talking....etc.

I opened the side window and asked "WHAT?".... to which they replied, "Is
your gearwell sealed??"

Well , yes! Of course!

"You'll be OK......a tarantula just crawled up your wheel."

Wing runner signals for the tow to commence and off I went!

Can't tell you how many times I cycled the gear on that flight, nor how
well I placed. (And I still am very cautious putting my hands up there
even several years later!)

Possibly, this was a joke? Dunno. Wouldn't put it past my ex, though.

J4