Old November 24th 04, 01:55 PM
Vaughn Simon

"Matt Michael" wrote in message
om...

One examiner I asked said he didn't know but that if I showed up with
40 hours of balloon cross country he'd tell me to take a hike.

And he would be right, simply drifting acros the landscape for 50+
miles would not meet the requirements, unless you could explain how you were
able to manuver the balloon in reference to landmarks and navaids in
according to the language of 61.1 (b) (3). As others have pointed out, a
cross-country glider flight is a whole 'nuther matter and is much more
difficult than making the same flight in an airplane.

Vaughn

I don't want to show up for a checkride and find out I need 40 more
hours with that infernal contraption screaming away up front.

I don't think that will happen.

Vaughn