Old November 28th 04, 05:54 AM
Bart D. Hull

What about staying at the college dorms? I have gone there year after
year with NO reservations and always got a decent room at a cheap price.

I don't have high expectations for a room as I only go there to sleep or
get out of the sun so I don't waste money on a 4 star hotel.

I met quite a few fellow Oshkosh goers in the process and felt more a
part of the true Oshkosh adventure.

Just my 2 cents...

--
Bart D. Hull

Tempe, Arizona

Check
http://www.inficad.com/~bdhull/engine.html
for my Subaru Engine Conversion
Check http://www.inficad.com/~bdhull/fuselage.html
for Tango II I'm building.

Remove -nospam to reply via email.

Paul Dow wrote:
I generally try to alternate years going to Oshkosh and Sun N' Fun. For
the Winconsin trip, that makes a problem with getting a hotel room since
I don't keep the room every year.

I've been told that to get a hotel room, I should call right after I
finish kissing my girlfriend after watching the Times Square ball drop
on New Years Eve. That's when they become available.

Does anyone have any suggestions on which hotels to call? I'm trying to
avoid the Motel 6 class room for $250/night. I know there's no avoiding
high prices, but I want to skip the worst of the gouging. In the past
I've stayed in Appleton twice, Wautoma (45 miles west) (Really good
pizza) and Green Bay (Really good & cheap shrimp at the Raddisson bar
there).

I know the camping experience is something to consider, but since nearby
Appleton holds the all-time US record for highest dew point (101 Deg -
July 13, 1995), I really appreciate air conditioning after a long day of
walking around. The dorms in Appleton may be a good option, since I
read they are air conditioned.

I would also add the requirement for being close to a Culver's
Butterburgers, but those are numerous in the area.

Thanks for any assistance,
Paul