Old December 4th 04, 02:19 PM
Chris OCallaghan

Brand,

George wouldn't be proud. Saddened perhaps. Alas, 1984 came and went
and no one's the wiser. Of course, that was the point of book. If you
enjoyed 1984, you might read his short essay... "Shooting an
Elephant." I'm sure you can google it up. We don't give Orwell nearly
enough credit, thinking of him more a sci fi writer than the keen
social observer he was.

I guess what's truly disheartening is that we keep making the same
mistakes. The least we can do is make new ones, if for nothing other
than variety's sake.

What has this to do with gliding? Some of you will get it.

Gotta go. Time to feed the proles.

(Brad) wrote in message . com...
who would be prouder to hear this Joeseph Goebbles or George Orwell?

Brad

"Roger Worden" wrote in message .com...
"Steve Hill" wrote in message
I think we ought to concentrate on finding a venue to air our
sport on TV...somehow. Anyone know anybody involved with WINGS??

From AOPA ePilot today:

DISCOVERY CHANNEL TURNS IN ITS WINGS
Discovery Communications will, on January 10, rename its Discovery Wings
Channel the Military Channel. Stories will focus on the troops, their
equipment, the Iraq war, and a behind-the-scenes look at actual military
operations. The channel won't abandon aviation forever, however. It will
still cover topics like military jet fighters (a show scheduled for January
28) and the world-famous Blue Angels flight demonstration team (scheduled
for March 18).