Old December 7th 04, 11:22 AM
Ray Lovinggood

Default Marfa, Texas Words of Wisdom?

Would any of you Marfa Veterans have any words of wisdom
to pass along about flying at Marfa?

Has there been a book published about flying Marfa,
similar to Tom Knauff's book about flying the Appalachian
ridges?

I've gotten some info from Burt Compton, but was hoping
'visitors' to Marfa could pass along any lessons they
learned.

I might be going out for a few days in June, 2005,
and just want to know more.

Looks like about an 1,800 mile drive. Each way. With
trailer in tow. There may be two gliders or more.
Don't know if we will drive the whole trip within
sight of each other, or totally separate, arriving
on different days.

Thanks,
Ray Lovinggood
Carrboro, North Carolina, USA
(where we fly over flat tobacco, soybean, and cotton
fields; not over the desolate landscape of Mars)