Old January 8th 05, 02:48 AM
Tony Verhulst

Mark James Boyd wrote:
As a NAFI member, I've been happy with their services....

Not me - I resigned in protest. A few years ago, the FAA revised the
airplane PTS (Practical Test Standards) and NAFI, in their newslettter
said that that the PTS's had changed. Via a series of emails, I pointed
out that ONLY the airplane standards had changed and that the others
were unaffected. Their subsequent electronic newsletters still refused
to acknowledge that reality. Through more email exchanges, it became
evident that not only do airplanes and airplane instructors rule within
NAFI, but that if you ain't one, you don't exist. As a glider only
instructor, I saw no point in staying and voiced my opinion the only way
possible - with my feet.

Tony V.