Old January 8th 05, 03:01 AM
Pete Brown

Mark James Boyd wrote:

Man, I'd love to see that. Just tether the 2-33
to a strong post with a long rope, and get in it
and fly around like a kite!

Has anyone done this? I mean actually lifted off and
scooted around?

I tried it....had the 2-33 tethered to a golf cart instead
of a post. Since it was our first time with this technique,
and the wind was really howling, we didn't bother to put a
pilot in it.

The resulting damage to the wing tip was a bit spendy but it
was almost worth it to see the look of fear in the eyes of
the guy holding the wing tip as the fuselage launched
(lurched) up ten feet during a big gust. A post might work
better because the golf cart looses traction when the rear
wheels come off.