Old February 1st 05, 10:08 PM

No, that is not case. LS8, Discus 2 and ASW28 are standard class
gliders just like the SZD55.
Jancsika wrote:
Maybe I'm wrong but SZD55's price is at the same level as a DG303 or
Discus CS.
LS8, Discus2 and ASW28 is almost a different class again.

/Jancsika

wrote:
All SZD Bielsko gliders are very good. Since the factory became
privatized they are even better. Bottom line. And anybody who has

any
doubts about it need to educate themselves. The German sailplane
industry is simply riding on their good reputation. And whoever is
comparing BMW to Honda they need to pause and think for a

second....or
maybe 2....or whatever amount of time it takes. At the same time

the
German sailplane industry is killing this sport. Plain and simple.

Do
you know that LS-8 made by DG nowadays cost 65000 Euros? Maybe in
Germany everybody is rich and they can afford this type of prices

but
here in the U.S.....many people making just about 30,000 U.S.

Dollars a
year...in some states like Montana or the Dakotas even less....and

just
because of the income does this make those guys or gals less

qualified
pilots? No, but if the Germans will become more realistic and

adjust
the prices to the world level maybe we would have more pilots and

those
factories could sell more sailplanes....and then maybe we could see
that pilots with lower income, which translates directly to what

they
fly, will prove that is not the amount of money but the pilot
skills...in the mean time the SZD Bielsko is doing excellent job
keeping the prices of their sailplanes on more reasonable level and
anybody who has a problem with that should take golfing..not

flying.