Old February 3rd 05, 05:17 PM
Andreas Maurer

On Thu, 3 Feb 2005 13:56:09 +0000 (UTC),
(Michel Talon) wrote:

Would you say that the people at ONERA who have done the job are liars?
Here is the reference:
http://www.onera.fr/daap/reussites.html
I will translate for non french speaking people:
"Light aircraft also benefited from these work, which led to the definition
of the wings of the glider Pegase"

Thx for the link - my French is good enough that I understand the
text.
Yet I have not seen a source what airfoil was actually used on the
Pegase...

In principle a flapped glider should be better at both ends, very low speed

and very high speed. The people who designed the Pegase wing could not do
miracles.

I was speaking about an unmodified ASW-20 wing (airfoil Wortmann FX
62-K131) without flaps (or rather: with the flap lever fixed in
neutral position. According to Ferriere Schleicher named this glider
"ASW-24 prototype".

Bye
Andreas