Old February 16th 05, 01:39 AM
ChuckSlusarczyk

In article XQaQd.37$zH6.36@attbi_s53, John Ousterhout says...
The Pinckneyville Fly-In began after discussion in late 1996 and early
1997 when a bunch of regulars on rec.aviation.homebuilt decided they
wanted to get together. John Johnson volunteered his hangar at PJY and
offered to host the event.

You can find the genisis in these links to r.a.h messages.
http://tinyurl.com/5l5q4
http://tinyurl.com/5mww2

A handful attended in 97. Many attended in 98. Attendance since then
had varied depending on weather and whim.

Just use google advanced groups search to search r.a.h using the word
Pinckneyville and you'll find lots of stories -- some even true.

Many photos of the event are on my web page: http://www.ousterhout.net

- J.O.-

I guess 98 was the year the RAH-15 was born ,many of us had never met but we all
had 1 thing in common ,we were all zoomed at one time or another and were being
sued by zoom campbell . So we all got together with the original 15 and a bunch
of other RAH regulars and found out that for a bunch of
terrorists,liars,stalkers,thieves,blackmailers and other assorted pond scum,we
wuz actually a pretty good bunch of people LOL!!! ...and most I still consider
friends.
Everytime I hear Hotel California I get a tear in my eye for that as well as the
good memories of the gathering. Resurrections,chicken thieves,zoom targets in
the urinals ,gobs of neat airplane junk to look at...it don't get much better
then that :-)

Chuck (I'm going this year) S

PS thanks for keeping your web site up I visit it often for many reasons :-)