Old December 10th 04, 02:54 PM
James R. Freeman

Dave for Your info. The Quickie and Q2 use a fiberglass build up spar as You
will see from the plans. The Q-200 uses a carbon fiber spar.
Yes the Quickie canard (front wing) can be removed.

Jim

"James R. Freeman" wrote in message
Dave:
I found the URL. It is:

http://www.finleyweb.net/default.asp?id=141

Jim

"Dave Schneider" wrote in message
after a bit of surfing i found this. Is something like this what you

are
talking about?

http://www.hinkleymall.com/airplane_cd.html

There is also this on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ory=26441&item
=4510814564&rd=1

Basic question for the Quickie, do the wings disassemble? I'm also

looking
for techniques for attaching wings.

Thanks!
Dave

"James R. Freeman" wrote in message
Dave:
Take a look at the ruttan wings on a q-1 or q2 it will fit the

bill
for
what you want. There is one site on the web for free downloads of the

q2
info but I do not have the URL at hand. Q1 plan can be had on C.D. for

less
than $10 via EBay.

"Dave Schneider" wrote in message
Can anyone suggest some home built construction sites where they

show
the
process of building a spar for a foam composite wing. I'm confused

on
how
spar is built for a foam wing. It doesn't seem like the foam

itself
would
provide enough structure to provide a web. It would seem like

you'd
have
to cut the wing foil, cut out the location of the spar, build the

spar,
and
then reinstert that section back into the foam wing.

Thanks,
Dave