Old February 25th 05, 02:08 AM
Gord Beaman

"Chris" wrote:

"Calum" wrote in message
Made me laugh. Not going to relate to my wife though, (or try it!)

There was some truth in the story. My wife found herself with sore ears and
went to her bag in the overhead locker to get some gum. Some articles had
shifted on take off and as she ducked to avoid something dropping on her
head she banged her nose on her arm.

This resulted in a nose bleed a very painful nose and the forgetting of the
painful ears.

What was even funnier was the look of horror on the flight attendants face
when I pinged the bell and asked for lots of tissues to help staunch the
blood. She came back carrying tissues wearing rubber gloves.

I told here she should not worry about helping and I would deal with it. Its
surprising how much and how easily you bleed at 35000ft.

So a punch on the nose is a good way of dealing with sore ears.

Not to be a nitpicker But to nitpick just a 'leedle', you were
likely at about 8500 feet...that's approx what they keep the
cabin altitude at when cruising around 35K...
--

-Gord.
(use gordon in email)