Old February 28th 05, 11:07 AM
Chip Jones

"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote in message
nk.net...

"Chip Jones" wrote in message
ink.net...

Who said anything about *all* off 2004???

I did.

LOL, you attempted to say that *I* did. I did not...

You wrote:

" Is it? What's your source for that? According to the Administrator's
Fact Book, ZOB was numero uno in CYs 1997 through 2003. It's updated
quarterly,
the latest is November 2004 so it doesn't have data for CY 2004."

The latest official data in your own source plainly states that ZTL
handled
1,836,000 aircraft between January and July of 2004. During that same
time
period, ZOB handled 1,787,000 aircraft. Pretty simple math...

So the title of "world's busiest ATC facility" goes to the facility that
handles the most traffic in the early months of the year? Why is that? I
see that ZTL also handled more traffic than ZOB between January and March

of
2003, but ZOB handled more during the full calendar year.

I'm not talking about the "title" of world's busiest ATC facility, I'm
talking about the world's busiest ATC facility. In the first quarter of
2003, ZTL was the world's busiest ATC facility. In 2004, all of the
reported *facts* in the Administrator's *Factbook* for 2004 data clearly
show ZTL busier than ZOB in 2004 for the 7 reported months of available
data. January thru July is a period of seven months out of 12 in the
calendar. The period January thru July is not the "early" months of the
year anywhere (except maybe Green Bay WI, where I expect the first thaw
ain't until June). Facts and Factbooks are stubborn things...

Chip, ZTL