Old March 4th 05, 05:41 PM
Chris W

Bob Engelhardt wrote:

I don't get it: Burt Rutan designed and built the GlobalFlyer and
Branson financed it - why is Fosset getting all the attention and why
was he the pilot? Is he really that great of a pilot? It seems that
his real fame is as "adventurer". Maybe what he brought to the
project was his name and fame.

I have been wondering what the big deal about this flight is from the
beginning. First flying around the world non stop doesn't sound like
much of an adventure to me, it sounds pretty boring. Second hasn't this
been done before and aren't there several planes in existence that, if
filled with fuel instead of people and or cargo, could fly non stop
around the world? Third, what's the point? If you can fly half way
around the world, you can get from anywhere to anywhere.

--
Chris W

Gift Giving Made Easy
Get the gifts you want &