Old March 11th 05, 02:30 PM
jsmith

Yes, but to enter the intersection into your flight plan on your GPS,
you must first know how it is spelled. If you are not familiar with the
area you are flying in and the controller speaks the name of an
intersection, you may not know where to look on the chart to see how it
is spelled.

Charlie Derk wrote:
Typically, if you file your IFR flight plan with /G, I think ATC assumes
that its an IFR Certified GPS and that the intersection is in the
database. I've gotten something like this before, but it was enroute
and ATC asked me if I could identify the intersection. After I
acknowledged that I could, ATC told me "Direct to" that intersection.