Old March 15th 05, 01:32 AM
Margy Natalie

In the Navion with the geared engine if I was flying solo I had to put fuel in the
baggage compartment tank to stay within W&B. Ron was ok by himself, I'm just too
light : - ). We will see what the W&B looks like with the new engine.

Margy

George Patterson wrote:

Peter Duniho wrote:

Of course, in most cases, a pilot will have done enough sample W&B
calculations to know when they need to consider the "balance" part for solo
or lightly loaded operations.

This is not necessary with a Maule. You can load anything in the front seats up
to the point of MGW and stay within the envelope. This is also true of a Cessna
150. This is, in fact true of nearly every light aircraft.

I suppose you could argue that "enough sample W&B calculations" is 1 in those
cases, but I can't recall every doing any when I owned those planes. It was
pretty obvious from the fact that the front seats are right under the center of
lift.

George Patterson
I prefer Heaven for climate but Hell for company.