Old March 18th 05, 09:13 PM

dlevy wrote:
Just a shot in the dark.....
I'm in the process of overhauling the O-320-E2C (150 hp) in my '68

Musketeer
Sport, model 19A, s/n MB-318. There is an STC available from Lycon

install pistons in the O-32-E2C to increase output to 160 hp. This

has been
done many times in the past on these airframes however the FAA has

changed
the rules.

I need a 337 to install the upgraded engine on the airframe. I have

two
examples of similar 337 however I now need copies of the "regional
engineering concurrence that the inspector had at his disposal in

order for
him to approve the alteration".

Can anyone decipher that and point me in the direction of getting my

grubby
little hands on this document?

It sounds like your trying to gather info required for a field
approval. If you bought the STC from Lycon, it should have all the
data necessary for your mechanic to fill out the 337. The whole point
of the STC is that they are pre-approved if you install it according to
the STC documentation.

I may be wrong here, but every STC I've had installed in a plane did
not require any other documentation (for the 337) other than what was
provided with the STC.

John Galban=====N4BQ (PA28-180)