Old March 26th 05, 01:05 PM
Matt Whiting

Fortunat1 wrote:
"Cy Galley" sednews:4V41e.103754$r55.32258@attbi_s52:

I would check with a Van's builder. RVs have aluminum riveted tanks
with pro-seal. If you know a good tig welder, then a welded tank can
be built.

OK, thanks.There are two down the road from me, in fact! I'll probably try
and weld it myself, though I've never welded aluminum before. Then again,
most ofthe things I've done on this contraption I've never done before.
I'm assuming baffles (and I think I'd need them in a long shallow wing
tank) aren't welded, though. I'm supposing that the tank would be
assembled, but the back left open until the baffles are all riveted, and
then closed up and welded?

I see no reason not to weld the baffles as well. Probably less messy
than sealing the rivets.

Matt