Old March 30th 05, 04:23 AM
Dave

My partner (a network engineer) used his Tablet PC with an "Edge"
card on a 50 min flight at 3500 ft with one drop (loss of signal)..

It has worked reasonably well on numerous occasions...

We have had NO issues with interferrence to on board nav gear. There
is usually some audio interference in the intercom sys with traffic
to/from the cell devices, more so if the headset wire is in close
proximity to the device.

No issue.....

(Rogers GPRS/Edge network in Canada...)

Dave

On 29 Mar 2005 19:32:18 -0600, Andrew Sarangan
wrote:

Cell phone use from aircraft have been allowed in Canada for quite some
time.

The FCC is considering changing its rules to allow cell phones
(and other wireless devices such as pagers and Blackberries) to be
used in the air.
Piper Cub Forum: www.pipercubforum.com
the blog: www.danford.net