Old March 30th 05, 11:34 PM
Shawn

Malcolm Austin wrote:
"Nyal Williams" wrote in message

At 14:00 30 March 2005, wrote:

I like very much watching at soaring videos. Expecially
those which do
"not" add music.
Unfortunately, between the 47 movies I could download

from Internet

(not many because my modem isn't that fast), only 2
have really
natural sound.
If I could suggest to a friend how to edit his new
movies, I would say
"Please, don't add music. Let us enjoy the same real
sound of air and
wind that you loved when you were up there".
In my opinion, the natural sound of air around the
glider is one of
the most fascinating sounds in the universe.
I didn't try to download your videos yet. I shall try
this nights.
Thankyou for sharing your wonderful gliding experiences.
Happy thermals!

Roberto Ciuffoletti

I agree so strongly that I will hardly look at one
anymore. I have 50years in the classical music field;
I cannot endure the current popular music, that travels
under the useless term 'Rock Music.' My own tastes
dictate that the Debussy String Quartet would best
fit soaring movies and that 'Rock' would best fit NASCAR
races, but I know from experience that not many outside
my field would agree with me.

Leave it out unless you can compose music to fit precisely
the actual movement, just like a film music composer.

[These comments directed at no one in particular}

Hi Nyal,
I would personally add Enya to the list of music

makes who
fit in well with
soaring flight. Others I note mention John Williams & Morricone and I
cannot disagreee
with this.

My only preference is that if back ground music is used, enough of

the main
audio remains
to understand what the pilot is going through.

Am I the only one who gets a thrill when I hear the audio vario chirping
away in the "up" mode,
I wonder?

Maybe no music would be better after all...
:-)

Shawn