Old April 4th 05, 05:14 PM
Ross Richardson

jsmith wrote:

Don't waste your money on a DME. Too much maintenance.
Purchase a good used IFR GPS.

mindenpilot wrote:

Some DMEs seem to have an indicator, and then a separate receiver
box, like the ARC 800 DME.
Others I've seen just seem to be an in-panel job, like the Narco DME
190 or the King KN62A.
I've seen some on Ebay, and wanted to make sure that the Narco 190/
King KN62A don't require an additional recieving unit, like the ARC 800.
That is, if I were to purchase a yellow-tagged Narco 190 (and tray
and connectors), would that be all I need? Antenna?

Adam, that is what I did. I had a ADF that didn't work and no DME. I
purchased a factory reconditioned KLN89/B and had it installed and
removed the ADF. The 89/B is working for me althought a Garmin 530 would
also me nice.

Ross

--
Regards,