Old January 25th 05, 10:16 PM
Mark Smith

Corky Scott wrote:

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 13:14:41 -0500, " jls"
wrote:

Well, maybe, but wing tanks on a Taylorcraft are vented with ram-air tubes
on the caps and so is the header tank. In flight those tubes make positive
pressure on the 6-gallon wing tanks and the 12-gallon header tank.

I've seen a few times, too, that the wing tank gets balky emptying into the
header tank during flight, despite the ram-air tubes.

Well if the header tank is below the wing tanks, and the header tank
is vented, what's preventing the wing tanks from overfilling the
header tank as Ed Sullivan suggested?

Does the header tank vent have a checkvalve?

I was picturing the header tank being downstream of the wing tanks and
not being vented. In effect, the header tank is simply a distorted
downstream fuel line.

Thanks, Corky Scott

The header tank could have a vent the sme height as the wing tanks,

it would fill completely, bleed to the open air,

I would perhaps vent the header tank to the wing tank/s, not open air,
at any level
--

Mark Smith
Tri-State Kite Sales