Old April 13th 05, 12:04 PM
Ian Strachan

In article , Phil Jeffery
writes
This does not totally agree with the most up to date news on the CAI
website, March 23 2005, which states:--

"The International Gliding Commission (IGC) has postponed indefinitely
putting into effect its earlier decision to downgrade the certification of
older "legacy" flight recorders produced by Cambridge and other
manufacturers. This means that owners of the Cambridge GPS-NAV models 10,
20, and 25 will continue to be able to use these flight recorders for all
levels of competition, including world record flights."

Dear Phil,

The above web site wording was overtaken by a decision taken by the
March IGC Plenary on all types of recorders that do not have
public/private key security systems. The appropriate manufacturers were
informed and an announcement was posted on the igc-discuss forum and
also on this newsgroup last month.

Whether or not web sites have completely up-to-date information is up to
the site owner and his webmaster. I am sure that we have all come
across old information on web sites, this is not at all unusual!

On the IGC side, the IGC webmaster (Peter Ryder) has now put the two
revised IGC-approval documents on the IGC GNSS web site.

See: http://www.fai.org:81/gliding/gnss/igc_approved_frs.pdf

and go right to the end, the links are in the following text:

10 April 2005 - EW Models A-D, update of manufacturer details

10 April 2005 - Cambridge models 10, 20, 25, update of manufacturer
details and notice of change of IGC-approval level to take place 15
March 2006

--
Ian Strachan
Chairman IGC GFA Committee